DISCLAIMER : This is a third party site that is not affiliated with the Canadian government. We help you with our value added services to acquire your eTA. For each eTA application, you pay a service fee of US$37 including the official government processing fee of CA$7. Our experienced experts can make the difference between a successful and an unsuccessful self-application. You can save your time and get better results with us. Alternatively, you can apply directly for eTA through the Canadian government website at a cost of CA$7.
DISCLAIMER : This is a third party site that is not affiliated with the Canada government. You can save your time and get better results with our value added services. Our service fee is US$37 including the official processing fee of CA$7. You can directly apply for eTA via the Canada gov site.


What is an ETA?

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals flying to or transiting through Canada. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires. The eTA program's started to take effect on November 2016.

Eligible Countries and Territories

To apply for an eTA online through this website, you must hold a passport from one of the following countries or regions:

Andorra Antigua and Barbuda Australia Austria Bahamas Barbados
Belgium British citizen Brunei Darussalam Chile Croatia Cyprus
Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Federal Republic of Germany
Greece Hong Kong * Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy
Japan Republic of Korea Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg
Malta Monaco Netherlands New Zealand Norway Papua New Guinea
Poland Portugal Samoa San Marino Singapore Slovakia
Slovenia Solomon Islands Spain Sweden Switzerland USA(Permanent Residents) *
Taiwan * Israel Mexico      
  • * Persons who have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence (United States Permanent Residents).
  • * Holder of a passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China.
  • * Holder of an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes the personal identification number of the individual.
  • [Take Note]
  • Canadian citizens and permanent residents do not need an eTA. Canadian citizens and permanent residents, including those who are also citizens of a visa-exempt country, are not eligible to apply for an eTA. Canadian permanent residents need to travel with their Canadian permanent resident (PR) card or PR travel document. It is recommended that you also present your valid foreign passport. Otherwise, they may not be able to board their flight to Canada. Canadian citizens will need to show proof they are a Canadian citizen. Acceptable proof of Canadian citizenship is a valid Canadian passport, a temporary passport or an emergency travel document. Dual citizens must use their Canadian passports.
  • U.S. permanent residents need an eTA to fly to Canada (as well as U.S. Green Card). They do not need an eTA if entering Canada by land or sea.
  • Students and temporary workers from eTA-required countries who received their student or work permit before August, 2015, and intend to travel from and return to Canada by air need an eTA.

What you need to know

  • To apply for an eTA online you must be outside Canada and intend to visit for tourism or business by air.
  • You must have your valid passport, email address and a credit card to complete the online application.
  • You must be in good health and have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.
  • The details you provide in your online eTA application need to be exactly the same as they appear in your passport and you must use the same passport that is linked to your online eTA application when you travel.
  • Anyone who arrives in Canada without a valid travel document, visa or authority may be refused entry to or delayed.

ETA Conditions

  • You can enter Canada as many times as you want during 5 years from the date the eTA is granted or until the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier.
  • Your eTA authorizes you to visit Canada for up to six months or until the date prescribed by a border services officer on your arrival to Canada.
  • You are a business visitor if you plan to visit Canada temporarily to:
    - look for ways to grow your business,
    - invest or
    - advance your business relationships.

What do I need to make an application?

You need your valid passport, email address and a credit card. We accept Master, Visa, JCB or Diners Club.

How long will my eTA take to process?

Applicants usually receive their authorization via email within minutes. However, some applicant can get a pending decision(under review status) and will mostly get an eTA within 12 hours. In such cases, more information or document is needed and It could sometimes take more than a week to process.
It is best to get an eTA before you book your flight to Canada.

eTA Exemptions

  • Nationals of the United States. (Permanent Resident needs an ETA)
  • Her Majesty the Queen of Canada and any member of the Royal Family
  • Citizens of France who are residents of St. Pierre and Miquelon who seek to enter Canada directly from St. Pierre and Miquelon.
  • Visitors, students and workers, who seek to re-enter Canada after solely visiting either the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, providing that they return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it.
  • Foreign nationals who are passengers on a flight stopping in Canada for the sole purpose of refuelling and
    - possess proper documents to enter the United States and their flight is bound for that country, or<
    - They were lawfully admitted to the United States and their flight originated in that country.
  • Foreign nationals who are passengers on a flight that, owing to an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances, makes an unscheduled stop in Canada.
  • Foreign nationals seeking to transit through Canada under Transit Without Visa or ChinaTransit Program.
  • Foreign nationals who hold a passport that contains a diplomatic acceptance, a consular acceptance or an official acceptance issued by the Chief of Protocol for the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade on behalf of the Government of Canada and are properly accredited diplomats, consular officers, representatives or officials of a country other than Canada, of the United Nations or any of its agencies, or of any international organization of which Canada is a member.
  • Foreign nationals seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely:
    - As a crew member of a means of transportation that may be used for transportation by air or to become a member of such a crew; or
    - To transit through Canada after working, or to work, as a crew member of a means of transportation that may be used for transportation by air, if they    possess a ticket for departure from Canada within 24 hours after their arrival in Canada.
  • Foreign nationals seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely to carry out official duties as a member of the armed forces of a country that is a designated state for the purposes of theVisiting Forces Act, unless they have been designated under that Act as a civilian component of those armed forces.
  • Foreign nationals seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely to conduct inspections of the flight operation procedures or cabin safety of a commercial air carrier operating international flights, if they are a civil aviation inspector of a national aeronautical authority and possess valid documentation to that effect.
  • Foreign nationals seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely to participate as an accredited representative or as an adviser to an aviation accident or incident investigation conducted under the Canadian Transportation Accident Investigation and Safety Board Act, if they possess valid documentation to that effect.

Do age restrictions apply?

No. Eligible passport holders of all ages can apply for an eTA. However, If you are under 18 years of age, you need to appoint a representative(friends or family members) who is 18 years or older to apply for an eTA.

Can I include my children in the same eTA application?

No. All family members must make separate applications. Even if your children travel on your passport, they will need an individual eTA application

Why use eta-visa-ca.com services?

We provide many value added services like free error checking system, smart reminder and 24/7 customer support > See more